Bloggers, wondering how to make your blog better? You’re already creating great content, promoting via Twitter, Google+, Facebook etc., but still want to do more to build your blog.
Why not create a Brand Plan? What is a Brand Plan? This definition ofBrand Strategy by CarlyStec sums it up nicely.
“Brand strategy is a plan that encompasses specific, long-term goals that can be achieved with the evolution of a successful brand — the combined components of your company’s character that make it identifiable.”
In short, your Brand Strategy is what actions you plan to take involving your Brand to grow and/or strengthen your business – in this case – your Blog.
Part 1: Why?
But what does a Brand Strategy do for your Blog?
- Helps you Connect with your viewers
- Makes your blog (& products, videos, apps, books)stand out
- Creates confidence/trust in your words
- Gives a clear & consistent message across all channels to create brand loyalty
- Increases laymen’s recognition of your expertise as the one to trust
- Consolidates Brand image across all media to provide consistent visuals to viewers
- Creates a brand that: loyal consumers can’t wait to share & Influencers can’t wait to quote
- Builds a community around you as the brand
- Allows you to surprise and delight with your brand
- Creates a rubric (set of rules) to follow for each target market and each social media outlet to make sure you are reaching your readers clearly
- Helps to monetize your blog
- Increases lists of followers to get a larger audience
Look for next post from Small Business, Big Brand containing the
Quick guide to creating a Brand Strategy for Bloggers to come in Part 2!
Having a strong Brand Strategy will help you consistently surprise & delight your customers, making them not only loyal but advocates and promoters of your Brand.
Heather H. Bennett is a marketing strategist, personal brand coach, and author of Fun and Fulfilling Careers One Question at a Time. Heather lives and works in Chicago, Illinois and is passionate about helping businesses and professionals build strong brands to connect with their target market and reach their personal and professional goals.
Find Heather via Twitter @creativebrandch & www.creativebrandcoach.net.